Thursday, June 17, 2010

New Nurse

We found out recently that one of Emma's nurses is leaving the area at the end of the month. When you see someone three times a week and they take care of your child it becomes a little more than a business relationship! We will be sad to see her leave.

On the flipside it means a new nurse needs to be brought in - a suspenseful situation. I got the call last week that the new nurse would be coming to train this week. It turns out she used to work at the pediatricians office that Emma used to visit, and knew who Emma is.

I couldn't place the name and description, so I wasn't sure if that was a good thing! On top of it, she just qualified nursing school, so she is a rookie. I was quite anxious waiting for her to arrive tonight.

When the knock on the door came I was relieved and pleased. I haven't had much interaction with Nicole, but I'd seen her a few times and was at ease within 30 seconds. She's really nice, keen and thinks Emma is adorable (of course!!).

As Nicole in new to home nursing she will have 3 full shifts with Emma's other nurse, learning exactly how to care for Emma. a more experienced nurse would come for about 2 hours and then be on her own!!

I can sleep easy now.

Did I mention that it only took Emma an hour to fall asleep tonight with hardly any tears - that's back to normal!! Clearly the pacifier kept her quiet though. Every few minutes I'd hear "Mummy, you OK?" I guess she really thought I would be coming back in there!

No comments: