On Friday I took the kids to see the doctor. It's kind of funny that this appointment was made because they were both healthy!! Toby needed to catch up on his shots and I wanted to get Emma's ears and weight checked.
Toby did great, he gets over the shots fast when you give him a bottle!
Emma was on top form, I'm glad they get to see her when she's not all sick and whiny! Her weight was 26.3lbs. I later sent this in to the dietician who was thrilled and told us to drop another tube feed! So now she only gets one tube feed (and water 3 times) during the day and a feed overnight by pump. That's 3 tube feeds gone , 2 to go!
On the flipside the doctor confirmed a concern of mine. Emma has been complaining about her feet hurting lately. I then noticed her ankles looked odd. I asked Melissa who shared my concern, and the doctor agreed. We'll need to consult orthopedics to be sure, but it looks like she either has flat feet or a problem with the tendons in her ankles.
This could be a cause of her instability and even why she was late walking. We'll have to see what they say. Probable treatment would be physical therapy.
Your prayers over this matter would be greatly appreciated.
In addition to that, Emma's sleep study is coming up in a few weeks and we are praying it will tell us she does not need the CPAP.
The week after she goes back to see ENT and we are anticipating the need for ear tubes. A "simple" surgery maybe, but unwelcome nonetheless!
Please pray with us, and celebrate the good news!!
Toby did great, he gets over the shots fast when you give him a bottle!
Emma was on top form, I'm glad they get to see her when she's not all sick and whiny! Her weight was 26.3lbs. I later sent this in to the dietician who was thrilled and told us to drop another tube feed! So now she only gets one tube feed (and water 3 times) during the day and a feed overnight by pump. That's 3 tube feeds gone , 2 to go!
On the flipside the doctor confirmed a concern of mine. Emma has been complaining about her feet hurting lately. I then noticed her ankles looked odd. I asked Melissa who shared my concern, and the doctor agreed. We'll need to consult orthopedics to be sure, but it looks like she either has flat feet or a problem with the tendons in her ankles.
This could be a cause of her instability and even why she was late walking. We'll have to see what they say. Probable treatment would be physical therapy.
Your prayers over this matter would be greatly appreciated.
In addition to that, Emma's sleep study is coming up in a few weeks and we are praying it will tell us she does not need the CPAP.
The week after she goes back to see ENT and we are anticipating the need for ear tubes. A "simple" surgery maybe, but unwelcome nonetheless!
Please pray with us, and celebrate the good news!!
No comments:
Post a Comment