Friday, July 9, 2010

Linvilla

On July 1 we made our first trip to Linvilla Orchards. They have lots of pick-your-own produce and other goodies, but we just went to see the farm animals and playground.

Lots of people from our area take their kids, but I had not known what to expect and thus not gone. Since Ellen and Kimberly were taking Josiah, 3 on 3 seemed like a good ratio of kids and adults!

This was also the first time I took Emma to see animals because she was still pretty scared of them last year. It seemed like a good bridge between pets and a zoo!

With Kimberly

Emma enjoyed it and was not worried when the black calf (relatively the size of an elephant to her) came right up to the fence. Of course I made sure she couldn't touch any animals! There was a baby pot-bellied pig that was super cute!

We also saw a sheep, horses, goats, emu, ducks and geese. In the picture you can see there were plenty of chickens and roosters. Emma pointed out "It's so loud" when the rooster crowed right by her.

Then it was on to the playground. My camera batteries ran out so I could only get a few shots of Emma and cousin Josiah playing with Kimberly, while Ellen and I took turns amusing Toby in the shade.


It was alot of fun, and when the weather cools down a bit I think we'll go back.

No comments: