Saturday, July 17, 2010

The mouths of babes

This morning, as I helped Emma get dressed in her room she picked up her yellow duck. "My duck's so cute." "Yes he is" I replied.

And then the dagger that pierced my heart...

"He needs his Dad."

Scott's been working so much lately, doing everything he can to provide for us while the work is there. He's found it hard to miss the kids so much, often coming home right before or after bedtime.

Emma says she misses "Daddy" all the time, but it's often after I've just said "no" or told her to do something so I don't really hear it. Knowing how kids project their feelings and experience onto their toys I couldn't miss the point here.

Since today Scott was working in Delaware I didn't think it fair to tell him what she said when he couldn't see her, but when he asked me to bring them down to visit I couldn't turn him down!

Finding balance in life can be tough, but

No comments: