The other night someone from Home Depot called us and offered us a store gift card if we allowed them to come out and test the quality of our water. The condition - we both had to be there, for around an hour. I thought it would be nice to get a giftcard for Scott to his favorite store and agreed.
The guy came this afternoon. I was already regretting my decision before that, when I realized that if he told us our water was bad, I'd have a tough time using it!
One of the first things he did was have us look in the cistern at the back of the toilet and pointed out that it is the same water that comes out of our taps, and the funky stuff in there is probably lining the water pipes to our faucets. Awesome!
It was clearly a sales pitch, and we had expected that. He set up some little chemistry tests with our tap water and some of our tap water he ran through the filter system that he sells. It was as you might expect, the plain tap water was really cloudy compared to the filteredt water (mineral and rock content), had no significant amount of chlorine (explaining the orange marks from the metal content getting through) and actually an acceptable level of nitrates.
Apparently our town has a score of 5/100 for water quality, and we use no filters or bottled water.
One of the experiments showed that it took 3 drops of soap in the filtered water and a quick shake to get a head of soapy bubble and clear water. With 30 drops of soap our tap water produced almost as many bubbles, but water completely clouded with soap.
He also pitched this pH water or 'structured water' that can apparently almost eliminate free-radicals (disease-causing cells) in your body. He gave some anecdote about someone with MRSA drinking the water and healing in 3 days. (He did point out that it can not restore the pH balance in your boday after drinking one soda because it is so acidic and only one notch above battery acid - good to know!)
You'll be pleased to hear that he left without a hard sell at all and we didn't buy! I did get info and will do some research - clearly health properties are if interest when you have to pay out of pocket for doctors visits!! I was thankful Scott didn't miss work for it though, because in the two hours the guy was here Scott could have earned twice the gift card value!!
Scott's not really bothered about it, but if you know him that won't come as a surprise - not much phases him. I'm intrigued and would value any feedback from reputable sources! The company is RainSoft, and there is a bunch of complaints on line, but I'd like to hear from anyone who I can trust.
The moral to this story - be sure you are prepared to hear something you don't like if you delve to deep!! although, I don't really believe ignorance is bliss either. I could always get the water tested independently I suppose. But given all the junk we eat, why should we just worry about our water!!
The guy came this afternoon. I was already regretting my decision before that, when I realized that if he told us our water was bad, I'd have a tough time using it!
One of the first things he did was have us look in the cistern at the back of the toilet and pointed out that it is the same water that comes out of our taps, and the funky stuff in there is probably lining the water pipes to our faucets. Awesome!
It was clearly a sales pitch, and we had expected that. He set up some little chemistry tests with our tap water and some of our tap water he ran through the filter system that he sells. It was as you might expect, the plain tap water was really cloudy compared to the filteredt water (mineral and rock content), had no significant amount of chlorine (explaining the orange marks from the metal content getting through) and actually an acceptable level of nitrates.
Apparently our town has a score of 5/100 for water quality, and we use no filters or bottled water.
One of the experiments showed that it took 3 drops of soap in the filtered water and a quick shake to get a head of soapy bubble and clear water. With 30 drops of soap our tap water produced almost as many bubbles, but water completely clouded with soap.
He also pitched this pH water or 'structured water' that can apparently almost eliminate free-radicals (disease-causing cells) in your body. He gave some anecdote about someone with MRSA drinking the water and healing in 3 days. (He did point out that it can not restore the pH balance in your boday after drinking one soda because it is so acidic and only one notch above battery acid - good to know!)
You'll be pleased to hear that he left without a hard sell at all and we didn't buy! I did get info and will do some research - clearly health properties are if interest when you have to pay out of pocket for doctors visits!! I was thankful Scott didn't miss work for it though, because in the two hours the guy was here Scott could have earned twice the gift card value!!
Scott's not really bothered about it, but if you know him that won't come as a surprise - not much phases him. I'm intrigued and would value any feedback from reputable sources! The company is RainSoft, and there is a bunch of complaints on line, but I'd like to hear from anyone who I can trust.
The moral to this story - be sure you are prepared to hear something you don't like if you delve to deep!! although, I don't really believe ignorance is bliss either. I could always get the water tested independently I suppose. But given all the junk we eat, why should we just worry about our water!!
2 comments:
Maybe look into a Brita filter or one of the ones you put right on your tap. It might work just as well and save you a bunch of money on a fancy system.
i drink your water every tuesday and look how perfect I am!!!
Post a Comment