I was reminded this week that I have been a little infrequent on my postings lately! It is one of my frustrations - lack of time to sit down and write, especially with so many things going round my head. Let me bring you up to speed, starting with the stars of the show - the kids!!
Toby had his 12 month check-up this week and he is doing great. 22 lbs and 32" tall. Since his birthday I have been doing my best to bring him into the toddler realm, gently. He now uses a sippy cup 50% of the time, and can kill a whole cup of juice (diluted!) in a matter of seconds. I'm also adding whole cows milk in with the breast milk, slowly increasing the ratio to allow his belly to adjust.
While Toby shows no interest in walking holding our hands, he will push anything to walk around. The dining room chairs are rarely in their positions. In fact yesterday I found he had pushed on of the chairs aside so he could open the drawer with all my computer accessories in. Not the first time!
Toby does understand "no" and will either obey, drop to the floor and cry, or smile and carry on doing it! I have never seen so many facial expressions in one person! He cracks us up all the time. He's holding back on actual words, but he's still very verbal.
As for Emma, our "princess" as she titles herself every time she spins around the living room, She is now 27.6lbs and 34" tall. While her weight may seem low, it's a full pound more than 6 weeks ago. If she continues to gain weight like this then we can reduce her formula calories again. If her addiction to string cheese continues unabated then I expect we'll see that! I'm not kidding - Emma will eat string cheese at every meal AND snack times.
Unfortunately progress on her drinking is non-existent. Like most kids her age, she can't handle an open container and gets really anxious if we offer her one. But without traditional sippy cups or straws it's really a difficult task. We keep on with it though!
We've been so busy because I'm trying to do more with the kids in the mornings, so I feel less guilty about doing housework and stuff! We've been to the playground twice recently (more than all summer!) and of course the library. Emma continues to amaze me with her intelligence, picking up songs and concepts almost immediately.
As for Scott and I, just in case you're interested(!), we are doing well. We're both really busy, getting a lot out of leading our bible study and also anything else that will help us grow.
Unfortunately Scott has been laid off again, and while we are hopeful it will be very short term it is also an opportunity for us to see how we have learned from the previous experiences. Gone is the panic and worry, replaced by a quiet confidence in God's provision and purposes.
Interestingly we have both been reading about the importance of setting goals, especially financial goals. This seems like a divinely appointed time to take stock and make a plan for the future. The scripture I posted earlier is just one of God's promises.
And the next few weeks don't look like they will be any quieter. Lot's of church things going on and Emma's birthday is coming up fast, I can't believe she will be turning 3. It's bittersweet to see the adorably precocious girl she's become, but slowly lose my baby girl. Ahh, she'll always be my baby girl and she knows it - that's probably why her favorite story is "I'll love you forever" or, as she calls it "baby you'll be"!
Stay tuned - coming soon:
Emma's birthday
Tobys' first words
Toby's first steps
Unfortunately Scott has been laid off again, and while we are hopeful it will be very short term it is also an opportunity for us to see how we have learned from the previous experiences. Gone is the panic and worry, replaced by a quiet confidence in God's provision and purposes.
Interestingly we have both been reading about the importance of setting goals, especially financial goals. This seems like a divinely appointed time to take stock and make a plan for the future. The scripture I posted earlier is just one of God's promises.
And the next few weeks don't look like they will be any quieter. Lot's of church things going on and Emma's birthday is coming up fast, I can't believe she will be turning 3. It's bittersweet to see the adorably precocious girl she's become, but slowly lose my baby girl. Ahh, she'll always be my baby girl and she knows it - that's probably why her favorite story is "I'll love you forever" or, as she calls it "baby you'll be"!
Stay tuned - coming soon:
Emma's birthday
Tobys' first words
Toby's first steps
No comments:
Post a Comment