Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sweet Dreams

Emma woke me up at 5am this morning by calling for me. she was awake and "all done sleep." In my fatigued stupor I agreed to let her come and sleep with me, after telling her to go back to sleep!

As I laid her in our bed I heard some strange noises from Toby's room and went in to find he had thrown up all over his bed. I stripped him and the bed and brought him into sleep with us, but just like Emma, he was all done sleep!

At 6.15am I gave up trying to sleep with Toby chattering incessantly regardless if Scott or I was holding him. I brought the kids downstairs so Scott could sleep, having worked until 11pm.

After breakfast (and a toxic diaper) I put Toby back to bed, at 7am and crashed on the sofa while Emma watched TV. I started to get us ready to go out, Emma to Nanna's and Toby on errands with me when Toby woke up. He'd slept for a while, but threw up the breakfast I gave him. (That's two sheets to wash - he only has two!!)

I put him on a liquid diet for the day and although he has no temp and is otherwise fine, he is a little subdued so I think he probably feels crappy.

Emma was fired up to go to Nanna's and had a great time as always. I knew the early start could mess with my schedule (noon - lunch, 1pm - nap) so I picked her up at 11.30am, where I would normally have been able to drive home with her after lunch at 1pm. She made it home awake and even ate half her grilled cheese sandwich before...
If Emma's eyes are closed, she's asleep!!

So, both kids are already asleep, and I'm going to take a nap too!

No comments: