Sunday, October 31, 2010

What a week...

Scott tries to turn Emma into Yoda when she put my cardigan on.
Dilly-dallying on the way to the car, dancing with her shadow
Tuesday, Melissa and I discussing costumes for her Halloween party. I got out my bridesmaid dress and let Emma try it on!
Toby loving Lucy, Emma's puppy
Just chillin

On Friday Toby got a haircut - Daddy came to hold him...
It was not easy!
This is Emma's Sunday school class, with Ms. Rebecca and Ms. Angela
As you saw, we put the kids in little costumes on Saturday. This was to go to Melissa's Halloween party. Scott and I have agreed that our kids will not be participating in Halloween activities, for a range of reasons. However, since we were going to a costume party I conformed (just for Melissa!!).

Emma loved dressing up, as she should, but I don't think we'll be taking them to any more halloween parties - Emma was terrified of Mel's boyfriend who was dressed as the Joker!

Tonight, I went to visit Ashley and the baby at the hospital, while Scott bagged some candy and church invites to give to kids who were trick or treating. Apparently lots of kids showed up (the door was open and lights on!) and Emma loved seeing the kids in their costumes and giving them the bags. Toby was watching from his chair, sucking a lollipop - the toddler pacifier!!

When I got home Emma told me about the fun but also said "there was a scary costume - I was afraid. It had teeth."

I know parents want their kids to have fun, but am I alone thinking it's weird for kids to think this creepy nasty stuff (which often represents evil or violence) is fun?

Anyway, we're moving on - next stop: Emma's birthday!! Technically November 13th, this year we are having her birthday a week early on November 6 as I'll be away next Friday night.

Last year we had a huge bash at the church, but I don't think she really got the concept. this year she has been telling me every day it's her birthday!! She wants a Dora balloon, and Dora Princess cake (she chose it when we looked for Toby's!). I'm going to oblige, and also surprise her with a princess dress to wear from Nanna and Pops, and a tiara!

With their birthdays so close together and close to Christmas I would like for their birthdays to be the day they are the 'star' and get all the gifts. Then for Christmas focus in on Jesus, love and family. Hopefully that will reduce the gift-envy at Christmas!!

What? You want to see the baby? Okay!! Here's Rafael
He's almost 6lbs now, and as light as a feather! What you see below is more blanket than baby!
For comparison, with Emma at the same age and ever so slightly bigger (I'm bigger there too!!)...



No comments: