Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Party Time

I know it was over a week ago that we had Emma's birthday party, but better late than never, here are the pictures from her special day!

We started out in the morning with breakfast in the playroom (dining room sans furniture!)
and by giving her some gifts from us, as well as her princess dress from Nanna and Pops.




Princess Pops!! (Toby is not convinced!)

New boots!!
Then we went downstairs to play some golf and play...

Before Skyping Gran & Gramps (my grandparents), to whom Emma served play-tea with her new tea-set!

Then it was time to put the kids down for a nap and finish preparation for the open house at 4pm. I granted Emma's wish of wearing her dress to bed (since it is actually a nightgown!) however it soon became clear she would not be sleeping! I let her get up and play rather than keep yelling "I'm ready to get up" and wake Toby!

I made a pot of meatballs (36 to be precise) and chicken cacciatore (7lbs of chicken!) and we also got in some roast beef with rolls. Julie kindly made a popular buffalo chicken dip and Chrissie brought a delicious potato salad (apparently - it was gone before I tried to get some!)

We had a Princess Dora cake, brownies and ice-cream in the middle of the party, after a round of Pass-the-Parcel.

Here a few pictures that our friend took with my camera. There are more we don't have yet.

The pretty princess herself...
On her throne!
Opening gifts...

Turning everyone into a princess...

The princess had a great time, but as the clock struck 8, the nap-less girl could not keep her eyes open and fell asleep on her knight in shining armor...

No comments: