Friday, January 28, 2011

Update

After at least 15" of snowfall on Wednesday we are all shoveled out and Scott headed off to work today. He's not 100% but he's a trooper and is thinking of the family first. Love him.

I'm feeling much better, and really just felt weak and achy yesterday. I only ate a few pieces of toast during the day, keeping to the BRAT diet - until the kids went to bed and we were super hungry so we had pizza! (If our stomachs were still upset, may as well enjoy whatevers gonna make us sick again!)

I kept the kids on BRAT yesterday, I've never seen anyone so excited to eat a dry piece of toast or some plain apple sauce! Emma was hungry all day and kept asking for a variety of things but I had to refuse because it would give her diarrhea. She only went in the diaper when she was sleeping, the rest of the time she made it to the toilet.

Toby is a bit harder to take care of. While I can hydrate Emma through the tube, and did, Toby is more reluctant to drink if he has not feeling good. He had some big diarrhea after Scott gave them eggs for breakfast (!) yesterday, but since going back on BRAT he's been fine. He's quite a picky eater so I'm glad he's been happy with the toast and applesauce.

The basement is fine - it was just a problem with drainage from our ancient washing machine!

It's going to be a long winter. We've already had over 37" of snow - twice the yearly average, with more forecast for next Wednesday! The kids seem to get sickness on top of sickness, which is pretty standard. However, if Toby is sick, as well as Emma, it means she can't go to therapy or the library. We also need to keep them home from church, which we have not been able to do because of our commitments - we're working on that though, don't want to get other kids sick.

But, it's all good!! Nagging annoyances can make us stronger. No, really!

No comments: