It's been a good week, not perfect, but good!
Here are some pictures and updates on the kids.
I tried my Mum's suggestion of putting plastic down so Emma can color without Toby trashing my carpet or table.
Turned out the problem was neither of those, but instead eating the markers/crayons and trashing Emma's work!!
The kids are getting more fun when I leave them alone long enough that they want to play with each other and not me...


Or watching TV together...

Sunday night Scott fell asleep after giving Toby a breathing treatment. The poor baby (Toby!) had some problems with the cold he had last week, but is fine now.
Tuesday night the kids and I went to a friends for dinner, while Scott was working on the church renovation. It was just what I needed after many days alone with the kids. The kids had a great time too!

At physical therapy Emma loves the swing, and has the therapists changing the various swings every couple minutes. As they change them she comes and sits with me, calling over "Is my swing ready yet?"

Today was a fling with spring (see the link with the title!!). The weather was warm, about 60f and after hitting the supermarket I let the kids play outside for a few minutes - the first time this year, and Toby's first time as a walker!

This is Toby channeling Popeye!!

The big event this week was this afternoon. The pre-school we visited asked me to bring her back in to meet the teachers. The director had told the teacher about Emma and I guess they were worried about her limitations and wanted to see how she would do.
We got there as the class was sitting down together on the rug for circle time. Emma was invited to go and sit with the kids and rather than sitting on the floor, she went straight to the "special" chair next to the teacher!
The class then had snack. This made me nervous. They were having little cookies, but Emma kept saying she wasn't hungry, but wanted a drink. I didn't take her sippy cup and they just used small open cups. She refused, as expected. They found her a juice box, which she couldn't manage alone, but I squeezed and she drank from happily. The teacher agreed to let her use a sippy cup when she attends, if still necessary.
Of course, not long after that she told me she needed to be vented! Emma never normally needs venting outside of tube feeds, so this was not good. I took her into the hallway so's not to bring attention to it. I am hoping this is not an issue in the fall - I'm hoping the tube could be out!!
Emma had a great time and joined in with all the activities and other kids. One of the 12 kids is a girl in Emma's Sunday school class, so she took Emma under her wing and mothered her!
By the end of the 2 hours Emma was endeared to both teachers and most of the kids - although they will not be in her class.
The other concerns we had were using the potty - she is a little small to do that by herself. The teacher said that shouldn't be a problem.
Both of us enjoyed the time. I felt much better about sending Emma to school and she had a taste of the future and liked it! I have to admit I was also really proud that Emma is on a level with kids a year older!
Here are some pictures and updates on the kids.
I tried my Mum's suggestion of putting plastic down so Emma can color without Toby trashing my carpet or table.
The kids are getting more fun when I leave them alone long enough that they want to play with each other and not me...
Or watching TV together...
Sunday night Scott fell asleep after giving Toby a breathing treatment. The poor baby (Toby!) had some problems with the cold he had last week, but is fine now.
At physical therapy Emma loves the swing, and has the therapists changing the various swings every couple minutes. As they change them she comes and sits with me, calling over "Is my swing ready yet?"
Today was a fling with spring (see the link with the title!!). The weather was warm, about 60f and after hitting the supermarket I let the kids play outside for a few minutes - the first time this year, and Toby's first time as a walker!
The big event this week was this afternoon. The pre-school we visited asked me to bring her back in to meet the teachers. The director had told the teacher about Emma and I guess they were worried about her limitations and wanted to see how she would do.
We got there as the class was sitting down together on the rug for circle time. Emma was invited to go and sit with the kids and rather than sitting on the floor, she went straight to the "special" chair next to the teacher!
The class then had snack. This made me nervous. They were having little cookies, but Emma kept saying she wasn't hungry, but wanted a drink. I didn't take her sippy cup and they just used small open cups. She refused, as expected. They found her a juice box, which she couldn't manage alone, but I squeezed and she drank from happily. The teacher agreed to let her use a sippy cup when she attends, if still necessary.
Of course, not long after that she told me she needed to be vented! Emma never normally needs venting outside of tube feeds, so this was not good. I took her into the hallway so's not to bring attention to it. I am hoping this is not an issue in the fall - I'm hoping the tube could be out!!
Emma had a great time and joined in with all the activities and other kids. One of the 12 kids is a girl in Emma's Sunday school class, so she took Emma under her wing and mothered her!
By the end of the 2 hours Emma was endeared to both teachers and most of the kids - although they will not be in her class.
The other concerns we had were using the potty - she is a little small to do that by herself. The teacher said that shouldn't be a problem.
Both of us enjoyed the time. I felt much better about sending Emma to school and she had a taste of the future and liked it! I have to admit I was also really proud that Emma is on a level with kids a year older!
No comments:
Post a Comment