Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back again

I am very pleased to tell you that Scott started back at work with the union yesterday. His old boss called him out of the blue last Monday about starting back. It was a very pleasant surprise, not least because in about two weeks we would lose our benefits! (You have to work a certain number of hours per 6 months to qualify.)

Scott was laid off back in October and has been doing whatever it took to keep us going since then. Often he has worked 12 hour days 6 days a week. For much of the time he was in a dirty old basement of an historical building in the city, cementing the walls. But I rarely heard him complain.

Now that he's back to work not much has changed - Scott has some work that he had lined up which he will do after his regular hours. Last night I went to sleep around 11.30pm, and woke up some time later when he came in. I didn't bother to look at the clock!

When I heard him rustling a bag in the bed I told him I'd made the chicken nuggets for his lunch, only to find it was a bag of ice because he'd smacked his finger with his hammer!

The past five months have been an interesting time. We know to rely on god, but often that doesn't stop us wondering how he's going to provide everything we need. From the steady work, to the jobs that came out of nowhere, to a check from friends who just "wanted to share", we have had every need met and even abundance at times.

There are some lessons that we have learned during each of these recent times, but we seem to forget them when Scott goes back to work and has a steady income! Well, we are really hoping to avoid that this time. Take it day by day!!

Thank you for your prayers, we felt them.

No comments: