If you can believe it of a 3 years old, Emma sat through the entire service without really making a sound or moving too much. Unfortunately we really need her to go with her class because we teach a bible study during the second service and she's way to distracting for others - too darn cute!
Scott managed to persuade her to go to her class. I'm not sure how - watching Peppa Pig and the playground bribes had not worked!
We tried not to worry about it too much and assumed she was just being difficult. But on the way home from the park today Emma started a conversation...
Em: I don't want to go downstairs.
Me (confused): At home?
]'[[';;;L;;;P;;;LLLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (Toby found the laptop!)
Em: No, at church. I want to stay with you and sing.
Me: Okay. (I can do that)
Em: I don't want to go downstairs.
Me: Okay. Why not?
Em: I don't like my friends.
Me: Why?
Em: They're so loud. And they run around all the time.
Me: Oh!
Em: Miss Angela tells them to be stop but they are too loud.
Wow! Where do I go with this?!! She has a valid point - most of her class are 4 year old boys that do tend to act crazy. I'm not sure how much the teachers feel able to impose discipline since they are volunteers at church, not daycare or school!
It also throws up concerns for pre-school (not that we have made any progress in resolving the bizarre issues there), but at some point Emma will have to face that other kids can run fast and might not be as calm as she is. Toby is a little crazier but not to an extreme.
Just yesterday I was doing the dishes and Emma called "How do I draw a nee?" I thought, and then responded "A 'B'?" Correct! "Up, then around and around."
I stopped what I was doing to investigate and found this...
No comments:
Post a Comment