Friday, April 29, 2011

I didn't get up at 6am to watch the royal wedding today. I've actually avoided getting swept up in the media frenzy about it. I'm not sure why that is, but I guess I have been in the US so long (8 years now) that I missed the whole romance story.

Aside from that, the kids had me up ALL NIGHT! Last night my good friend Erika treated me to a night out for my birthday. What, you may ask, does a night out with my college student friend look like? Pretty tame - a quick trip to the mall and then dinner at a new diner in town (very good food!), but a really nice evening as "Deb", not "mommy"!

We finished up with ice-cream and headed back to my place, where I expected both kids to be in bed, since it was after 8.30pm - late night, huh!!

Alas, things had not been straight forward for Scott since Emma passed out asleep as soon as I left at 5.30 and woke up at 7.30pm refreshed and ready to go! She was eating dinner when I got home. No big deal, right? Wrong! Emma has been pitching a fit about going to bed at any time and tonight, though she eventually went, she would not go quietly!

When I left to take Erika home, both kids and Scott were in bed. When I returned they were all still in bed, but my bed!! Fast forward a few hours and when Scott left for work I had been up with both of them at least twice and Toby was asleep in our bed. When Emma woke up about 7am I was exhausted!

Anyway, I caught some of the post-ceremony coverage and got sucked in! Kate looked stunning and it is like a fairytale - hopefully a happy one, not a Grimms Brothers or even one closer to home.

No comments: