Friday, April 8, 2011

Outta my way

I'm not sure what has taken hold of me but I am on a rampage! I'm not talking "herd of wildebeest across the plains" type of rampage - more a systematic deconstruction through the house!

So far I have stripped the bathroom and living room of anything hanging on the walls or "out" on a table or surface (besides lamps - we need light!). Once I find a place to store that stuff, the cabinet will be de-cluttered to leave a minimum decor.

I have convinced Scott that it is a good time to paint the living room - it's been 4 years and EVERYTHING in the room is a shade of brown or beige. It's not as easy as it sounds though, since our stairs come off the living room and lead to the upstairs hallway!

The bathroom needs a coat of paint - semi-gloss this time, not leftover eggshell that is not resilient with the steam! And I figured we could use that paint to give the kitchen a facelift too - it's been bright green for 3+ years and I'm over it.

I'm limited to what I can accomplish though, because I'm not allowed to paint! Okay, more specifically I am discouraged from painting because I make a mess and am not very good at it. But believe me when I say that if left to my own devices for long enough I WILL PAINT!!

In the meantime I have a smaller project. Tomorrow Emma is entered in her first Pinewood Derby at church. Last night Scott crafted a small race car out of the shapeless block of pine. This morning we went to the store to get paint and stickers. For some reason Emma is adamant that she wants a blue car - even after I offered to make her a Peppa Pig car!

So, that's where I'm off to now, to paint the base color so she can decorate it with Scott later - a Daddy/Daughter project for sure. I may also craft a little 'driver' out of some modeling clay I picked up. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

No comments: