Monday, April 25, 2011

Sign of the times

Tomorrow is my birthday - well, to be precise, my 32nd birthday! Really, don't worry if you forgot - I myself am terrible with birthdays!!

Anyway, what do you think I did the day before my birthday? I colored my hair. That's right, climbing numbers on my cake combined with increasing grays forced my hand!

I have not colored my hair since we first decided to "try" for a baby, over 4 years ago. I'm low maintenance on the hair thing, so a box of one color is all I need. I'm not trying to recapture my youth through my hair - I am feeling pretty good about myself right now, but a lick of paint doesn't hurt!

That's kind of where I'm leaning on gifts too. I told Scott today that I would rather get the decorating done that we want to do than spend money on dinner or a gift. The same goes for our 5th wedding anniversary in a month. He's all for that. Working on a project together is one of our favorite things and the results will last longer than one dinner (usually about 50 minutes, for 3 courses!!).

Saying that Scott's parents are contributing to my "gift" tomorrow - taking the kids for the evening! We can have dinner at home by ourselves and start spackling like we a pair of twenty-somethings!! (Actually Scott is a twenty-something, but we won't talk about that!!)

Our dream is is to take a vacation by ourselves again, one day. The first step though will be leaving the kids overnight for the first time. It's good to have goals!!


No comments: