Being a mother is both harder and more rewarding than I ever anticipated!! I couldn't convey in words just how much I love my children, but I hope to show them each and every day.
I couldn't go to church without first taking a mother's day picture with the kids!...
I love this picture - but there were 12 previous attempts before we got there!!
I remember the first time I did this, 3 years ago...
Things change so fast, and children grow even faster! This year I did not get to sleep in quite how I like - Scott took the kids downstairs and kept them amused (also blocked the stairs with the sofa!), however I could quite clearly hear [heavy-footed] Toby running around, and occasionally crashing to the floor!
I did have a splendid breakfast of white-chocolate-chip and banana pancakes. Oh yeah!
The scripture we looked at in church today was:
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
Matthew 7: 24-27
Pastor Bob preached an awesome message, and I know I won't do it justice right now, so I'll just share a couple thoughts with you...
The two houses do not represent Christians and non-Christians - they both speak of those who have heard what Jesus taught. You can be a Christian and still not live according to the Word of God, and many don't. Unfortunately, when the rain and wind comes, when we get beat down, we fail to recognize that it is because our "house" was built upon the "sand"!
God's commands and Jesus instruction (one and the same!) are total wisdom, since He is the creator of life.We all recognize the importance of building a strong foundation for a house, yet many of us do not give the same consideration to our lives. And as today was Mother's Day, we mothers are also primarily responsible for laying a foundation in our kids lives.
Rain, wind and beatings are in the future for all of us in the form of trials. I know I didn't really face any big trials until I was pregnant with Emma, but I can look back at decisions I had to make throughout my life that laid a foundation of who I would become. While I thank God that he is continually strengthening and re-modeling me, I am thankful for the foundation that my parents laid within me before I knew Him.
I couldn't be prouder of Emma and Toby, and I don't take credit for them - they have something special inside! I do hope that I can teach them to trust God, obey God, and take a stand when doing those things is not the popular choice. The past 8 years of my life have taught me the importance of these things, and I still have a long way to go to put it all into action.
I hope you are having a great day, mothers, fathers - everyone!! Here's something just for the moms...
http://www.sermonspice.com/product/39231/a-very-special-mommy
I couldn't go to church without first taking a mother's day picture with the kids!...
I remember the first time I did this, 3 years ago...
I did have a splendid breakfast of white-chocolate-chip and banana pancakes. Oh yeah!
The scripture we looked at in church today was:
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
Matthew 7: 24-27
Pastor Bob preached an awesome message, and I know I won't do it justice right now, so I'll just share a couple thoughts with you...
The two houses do not represent Christians and non-Christians - they both speak of those who have heard what Jesus taught. You can be a Christian and still not live according to the Word of God, and many don't. Unfortunately, when the rain and wind comes, when we get beat down, we fail to recognize that it is because our "house" was built upon the "sand"!
God's commands and Jesus instruction (one and the same!) are total wisdom, since He is the creator of life.We all recognize the importance of building a strong foundation for a house, yet many of us do not give the same consideration to our lives. And as today was Mother's Day, we mothers are also primarily responsible for laying a foundation in our kids lives.
Rain, wind and beatings are in the future for all of us in the form of trials. I know I didn't really face any big trials until I was pregnant with Emma, but I can look back at decisions I had to make throughout my life that laid a foundation of who I would become. While I thank God that he is continually strengthening and re-modeling me, I am thankful for the foundation that my parents laid within me before I knew Him.
I couldn't be prouder of Emma and Toby, and I don't take credit for them - they have something special inside! I do hope that I can teach them to trust God, obey God, and take a stand when doing those things is not the popular choice. The past 8 years of my life have taught me the importance of these things, and I still have a long way to go to put it all into action.
I hope you are having a great day, mothers, fathers - everyone!! Here's something just for the moms...
http://www.sermonspice.com/product/39231/a-very-special-mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment