This morning we woke up to a noxious odor filling the bedroom. I know what you're thinking, but it wasn't!!
This is not the first time the nasty, pervasive smell of a skunk has penetrated the house. One night I woke up in the middle of the night and was compelled to look around inside for the source of the smell!
We had all the windows closed, except Toby's, and I haven't been to see if it's strongest in there.
It has obscured the smell of paint that lingered from Monday, and I'm sure the paint smell will return as they finish off today. We were able to keep the smell out of the bedrooms by having the windows open and doors closed.
This is one of those things that reminds me I'm living in a foreign country!! I never encountered skunks (animal or odor) in the UK and I am not even sure if they live there! Other "exotic" animals are raccoons, groundhogs and many other rodents considered vermin here, I had only seen in a zoo in the UK!
It's funny how pests to one person can be fascinating to another.
This is not the first time the nasty, pervasive smell of a skunk has penetrated the house. One night I woke up in the middle of the night and was compelled to look around inside for the source of the smell!
We had all the windows closed, except Toby's, and I haven't been to see if it's strongest in there.
It has obscured the smell of paint that lingered from Monday, and I'm sure the paint smell will return as they finish off today. We were able to keep the smell out of the bedrooms by having the windows open and doors closed.
This is one of those things that reminds me I'm living in a foreign country!! I never encountered skunks (animal or odor) in the UK and I am not even sure if they live there! Other "exotic" animals are raccoons, groundhogs and many other rodents considered vermin here, I had only seen in a zoo in the UK!
It's funny how pests to one person can be fascinating to another.
No comments:
Post a Comment