On Saturday Scott did some major work, and as you can see here, Toby is fascinated, while Emma does not like the loud noises!
On Wednesday Scott got home from work and was ready to work. He announced he would be demolishing the closet wall we have to take out to widen the opening. He'd already taken the door and framing out on Monday.
Soon enough though there was dust spreading about the room. For the sake of the kids lungs and my sanity I took them outside. Unfortunately it was not really warm and we ended up in the van...
The minivan is actually great even when stationary. The kids can walk around from front to back and Emma loved pretending it was an airplane!
I think it was close to two hours before all the mess was cleaned up and I was able to free the kids - I'd brought them in but locked them in the kitchen with me!
I think it was close to two hours before all the mess was cleaned up and I was able to free the kids - I'd brought them in but locked them in the kitchen with me!
So for the past couple days we have been living with a large empty closet in the living room. The kids have been in and out a bit, but more significant - I lost the wall the stair gate was on!!
Toby is now firmly fascinated with tools and carpentry...
Even over lunch...
This weekend Scott is putting in a [much needed] new attic hatch and hopefully working on the closet. We have some holes to fill in all the trim (I can do that much!) and then it will be prepped for painting. It's so exciting, not just one, but 4 rooms and the hallway will be transformed in the next few weeks.
1 comment:
that is all sooo exciting!!! it must look so awesome!! have you tried putting the gate for the stairs on the bottom step and the other side on the first pillar? i dont remember quite what it looks like but it might work.
anyways, im happy for y'all.
Post a Comment