It's the moment you've been waiting for (maybe) - the pictures of the finished decorating! I didn't take pictures of the landing or bathroom, so you'll have to take my word for it that they look great!!
The Dining Room
Before:
After:
The paint color stayed the same at the top and everything else is, except the moldings. It definitely loses some of the impact when viewed by picture only, but we are thrilled with the outcome, exactly my vision.
The Living Room
Before:
After:

Clearly the color is the biggest change, and has taken some getting used to for Mrs. Beige (that's me!), but I'm loving it now. With the new cushions (see "Busy Morning") the room feels really cozy and relaxing.
Of course the other big deal is the closet1 It's no bigger than before, but the expanded doorway and custom shelving has given me a dream storage solution. Check it out:

Before:
After:

The Kitchen
Before:
After:

The green was fun, but after 4 years of it, I was ready for a change. The wainscoting on the bottom is to protect the wall, but looks great. The paint color was lighter than I thought, but it does feel much brighter in there.
It's been a long process with me at work full-time, but so worth it. The house feels rejuvenated. It really was the best birthday/Mother's Day/anniversary gift!!
I couldn't finish this post without a big thanks to our friend Grant, who came over and helped us restore our home on several late nights. Not only did he distract the kids when needed, but he also diffused the tension when I [inevitably] started to nag Scott!

The Dining Room
Before:
The Living Room
Before:
Clearly the color is the biggest change, and has taken some getting used to for Mrs. Beige (that's me!), but I'm loving it now. With the new cushions (see "Busy Morning") the room feels really cozy and relaxing.
Of course the other big deal is the closet1 It's no bigger than before, but the expanded doorway and custom shelving has given me a dream storage solution. Check it out:
Before:
The Kitchen
Before:
The green was fun, but after 4 years of it, I was ready for a change. The wainscoting on the bottom is to protect the wall, but looks great. The paint color was lighter than I thought, but it does feel much brighter in there.
It's been a long process with me at work full-time, but so worth it. The house feels rejuvenated. It really was the best birthday/Mother's Day/anniversary gift!!
I couldn't finish this post without a big thanks to our friend Grant, who came over and helped us restore our home on several late nights. Not only did he distract the kids when needed, but he also diffused the tension when I [inevitably] started to nag Scott!
1 comment:
it all looks so GREAT!! :D you guys all did a great job! :D
Post a Comment