the kids to bed - yes, it's late!!
Toby didn't seem to notice the rush to get them down before the power
went out for good. Emma did, or maybe she was over tired, but she got
quite teary.
Since then the power has flicked off and right back on about 5 times.
The eye of the storm is about 200+ miles southwest of us but tornadoes
have been touching down much closer to home.
The severity of the storm is that it is moving so slow that the winds
are sustained and heavy rain falling for 12 hours or more over an
area.
Our house is at the highest elevation in our area, so the flooding
should not directly affect us. However trees are uprooted much easier
in saturated ground than hard, dry ground, so the winds are the worry.
Our friend Grant is hanging out with us, so Scott and Grant are
getting much amusement from my slight hysteria!! (surely getting all
the dishes done is standard storm preparation!)
Thankfully Grant brought candles with him, since we didn't have any.
Our flashlight is also not working, as we discovered when we replaced
the batteries. (I did borrow one I found at church this morning!)
One thing is for sure, after two natural disasters in one week I'm
going out and getting an emergency kit together.
I'll probably post through the night - I'm not feeling too sleepy right now!!
No comments:
Post a Comment