Thursday, October 13, 2011

Season of Thanksgiving

Did I mention Scott started a new job last Monday? No!!

Well, we've known for a while that the project he was working on was set to be complete in October and after the summer that seemed all too close. Scott's boss has another project running, but that should wind up only a few weeks later.

Facing the uncertainty of regular work, Scott has been taking outside projects wherever possible. It's been challenging, with me also working and having limited time with the kids, but you gotta make hay while the sun shines - and God has been shining on us lately!

So it was a surprise when a guy Scott has worked with (and really likes) called up in September and said he is working for a new company and the boss wants Scott to join the crew - totally out of the blue! Apparently he'd been giving Scott a rave review, and the boss wanted him join the team. (A great case of having true integrity, because you never know who is watching!)

Scott prayed about it, and eventually started with the new company on Monday.

We are so incredibly thankful that we have a reprieve, however long, for facing a lay-off. His new boss is always available, pro-active and pretty laid back, so it's less stressful too. Oh, and Scott even has been working down the street from my office, so we get to see each other occasionally during the day!

So, imagine our utter and absolute shock and joy when we also found out Scott got a promotion with the new job!!

It looks like Scott has a great future with this new company, and the boss is trying to expand the company. My job is also going great, and I'm really enjoying it. The kids are having a lot of fun spending time with their grandparents while I am at work (and spoiled by me when I'm not!).

As I approach the fourth anniversary of leaving my job (aka Emma's 4th birthday!) I am struck once again by how good God is. A year ago I could never have imagined this scenario, especially not with the economic climate the way it is, but I do know that God is faithful, whether he provides just enough to get by, or an over-abundance of blessings - He will always provide.


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29: 11-13

No comments: