Monday, November 14, 2011

How times change

It's a sign of how life has changed that I have yet to find time to post the rest of Emma's birthday pictures!

Four years ago I had nothing to do but sit, watching my baby girl lay in a little warmer crib. The closest comfort I could provide was holding her hand or rubbing her head. (If you haven't lately, take a look back at November and December 2007)...

It would be two weeks before I could hold her in my arms (not counting the tiny hold I had when the nurse changed her sheets one night!)...

We had no idea what the future would hold for this precious little peanut, we didn't even know that she had Moebius Syndrome until after this. Blogging became my place of reflection and prayer.

We took each day as it came, some better than others, but trying to find the joy and blessings in all things.

And here she is today,




So when, last night, Emma wangled her way into our bed for the night, rather than get frustrated, I simply lay my cheek on hers and whispered how much I love her in her ear. (I do the same with Toby too!)

Circumstances are often beyond our control, other people most certainly are, but we can choose to give thanks to God in all things, because he has our back, and our future too.

Never lose Hope.


No comments: