I am losing my mind, or so it would seem!
Yesterday I stopped in at the supermarket to order Emma's birthday cake. They have a huge variety and we had looked through the book together on Tuesday. She decided she would like this Belle cake...
However, when I got there to order it, I noticed some display models and it was really small, like 6" in diameter. The baker did not think that it would serve the 8 little girls at the party (much less anyone else). So I went to her other choice - Barbie...
Yesterday I stopped in at the supermarket to order Emma's birthday cake. They have a huge variety and we had looked through the book together on Tuesday. She decided she would like this Belle cake...

However, when I got there to order it, I noticed some display models and it was really small, like 6" in diameter. The baker did not think that it would serve the 8 little girls at the party (much less anyone else). So I went to her other choice - Barbie...
"Look at the poodle Mum!!" Said EmmaI opted to get an 1/8 sheet (4.5"x6.5") of that. But, as I ordered it, I couldn't help but hear how excited she had been at the Belle cake - so I ordered both! Together they should cost less than Toby's cake, which was a 1/4 sheet. And hopefully, there won't be any left for me to pig out on! (Really, I mean that - don't need extra cake.)
The insanity of it is that Emma does not like cake!! Or at least she thinks she doesn't! She won't eat even a tiny bit, preferring vanilla ice-cream every time.
This morning Toby woke up about 4.30am, after he'd heard me checking on Emma. Since I was already up I let him come in with me (probably bad decision since he'd gone the whole night before, in his crib.) He woke up just as I was about to get in the shower. This is not good - the other day he had Emma help him get his PJs off and had climbed in the shower before I knew what happened!
Today he had a shower and was much more agreeable about everything! We even got out the door earlier than I expect because he was happy to put his shoes and coat on. Looks like a shower refreshes kids too!
Everything went so smooth this morning, too smooth. I shouldn't have been surprised when one of my colleagues said to me "Um, I think your shirt is inside out?!" It was.
No comments:
Post a Comment