Life is not always what you imagined it to be, but when you put your hope and trust in Jesus, life will be more than you could have ever dreamed.
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Quote of the day
"Can I have Plastic Surgery please?"
This greatly amused my colleagues as they heard me say it on the phone. No, I was not requesting an expensive Christmas gift, but contacting the department at the children's hospital. Emma has her annual follow-up with cranio-facial (aka Plastic Surgery) this week, as well as ENT, Dental, Opthamology and Genetics - all in one day!
Unfortunately Scott won't be able to join us this time, but I don't expect there to be much news, although we are certain that Emma's lower jaw has grown and the overbite is smaller.
Yesterday I took Emma to the doctor, following her ear pain on Sunday night. Sure enough she has an infection in one ear, but that's been the only one this year (if memory serves me correctly). I'm not sure what that will do to our ENT appointment, but it's not worth rescheduling the whole lot.
One of Emma's Christmas gifts this year will be a portable DVD player, you know the ones that are like tiny laptops. It would be perfect for this all day string of appointments, so I'm really having to fight the urge to just buy it now! I guess I'll have to bring my phone charger and download a bunch of apps for her.
Something I'm really looking forward to is visiting the nurses in the NICU. I'd love to take her in and show her where she stayed as a baby, but she is too young. Hopefully we'll see Taryn and some others who remember Emma. I can't believe it's been four whole years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment