Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve

 
Emma said more than once "this is going to be the best Christmas ever".  I had to agree with her, of the four she has been around for.


It is crazy to me that Emma is now four, and Toby is two already, but things are so much more fun with the kids!

Emma was great to pose for some pictures for me - Toby is much tougher to get, even to just look at the camera!

We headed  up to church for candlelight communion, which turned out to be a lot of "fun" because the kids stayed in service with us!  Toby was happy to sit with Pops and Kimberly, while I kept Emma close by me and Yu (our next door neighbor who came along).

It's been a while since Emma sat in church with me, and I guess I had thought she'd be like the quiet still infant she was a few years ago,  Not so - she was very much the fidgety child I know I had been.  

In fact at one point she wanted to lay down because she was tired!  I remember asking my mum the same thing when we were watching my sister in a school Christmas service, sitting on hard wooden pews.  At this point though I was at a loss to stop her disturbing those around us and agreed!

It was a great service and it was awesome to see Emma holding her candle and singing along to Silent Night.

I snapped this great picture of the kids after.  Emma, Toby and Nate are usually the first kids at church and often there for practices and the like.  It's cool that they have become good friends.





No comments: