It stands to reason that the week before Christmas I would get sick, but that has not dampened my excitement for this weekend. The gifts are all wrapped (only took me 4 hours, kid-free!!) and I can't wait to see the joy I know the kids will experience when they open them.
Wednesday was Emm'a school Christmas show and we were very excited about that. I didn't know until 12.55pm that Scott was on his way. He made it with just minutes to spare, and it was a nice surprise for me and Emma.
Unfortunately I only recorded "Rock Around the Christmas Tree" - don't give me a hard time, I was devastated when I realized I missed the second song.
She did really well, and I didn't know how it would go because she was crying after she first saw me and couldn't come sit with me!
Afterward we took the kids to Chick Fil A for a treat.
Scott got out of work early on Friday and doesn't go back until Tuesday. We have Candlelight communion Saturday evening and then church on Sunday, before Christmas celebration with Nanna, Pops and the rest of the family.
I hope to have lots of video and pictures for you after the weekend.
If I don't get to tell you before, I hope you have a Merry Christmas. Whether you are with family, friends or alone, please take some time to consider how much God loves you and that the gift of His coming is in the peace and joy from the hope of a second chance through Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment