Sunday, December 18, 2011

Nativity

Today was a big day.  Emma was signed up to be an angel in the nativity at church, for both services.  She did great at the dress (and only) rehearsal yesterday.

 with buddy Savannah at rehearsal

This morning I put her in light leggings and white t-shirt (a little small) so that she blended in with her white angel costume.  Unfortunately she was not happy wearing the halo, but that was not a big deal.  

First service Scott was ready to video (since I was the narrator and on stage myself) but it didn't take.  She did so great and I was really proud.  At one point when I looked over she waved to me and my heart nearly burst with pride!

Second service he got set to video again.  Everything was running smoothly, but when the angels came in Emma, who was the leader (to her delight) was not with them.  Scott and I exchanged a disappointed look, but the show must go on.

Then the back drop fell over, for a great laugh and it was great to capture on video.

The next part was "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and then I saw Emma.  For this service they had brought in a part that had previously not been included - little stars.  Emma and Josiah came in for the song.

It was great...

If I'd known she'd have that costume on, I'd have gone with a whole different outfit!!

After church, Grant came over for lunch.  I put Toby to bed and came back to hear Emma singing a song of her own creation (or so she says) to Scott and Grant.  I caught the rest on video - it is priceless...

Here are the lyrics for you to sing along:
There was a little baby Oh my Lord (x3)
Way down in Bethlehem

The angels sing so sweetly Oh my Lord (x3)
 Way down in Bethlehem

They laid him in a manger Oh my Lord (x3)
Way down in Bethlehem

They named the baby Jesus Oh my Lord (x3)
Way down in Bethlehem

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amazing!! miss you guys!! hope to see you! coming in 2 days!!!!