Monday, January 16, 2012

Prima Ballerina

Here are some of the pictures I took of Emma during Saturdays ballet class...






On Sunday Emma went to a birthday party for one of the girls in her pre-school class.  It was at one of those places with an indoor climbing area.  Unfortunately the area was small and the obstacles were too big for her. It was made worse by the fact that she only knew a couple of the kids and they were much quicker running around.
She handled the pizza like a pro though!!

I think it was a little discouraging for her - at least it was for me!   It's good to know that ballet is really going to help her strength, balance, posture and confidence.  The teachers are really supportive and many of the girls are knew and un-coordinated!


We're going to take the kids to our favorite inside playground this week, where Emma has plenty of space and can manouvre around by herself.  I have to try not to project what I see and assume that Emma is self-conscious about her abilities, but that said I will do everything I can to help her find self-confidence and inner strength.

And she has two special boys looking out for her...

No comments: