I have a 3" ringbinder that contains all of the visit summary's from Emma's specialist appointments, and the session reports from evey single therapy session she had until she was 3. I figure someday she might want to see just how far she's come.
Earlier today I was putting away some of these reports and one was her discharge summary from the NICU, on February 27, 2008. It was not so much of a surprise that it was four years ago - it seems like that was another lifetime.
What really surprised me was that I had totally forgotten the anniversary yesterday. In the past few years I've heralded the day as one of our triumphs, finally bringing Emma home.
I think it's even more of a testimony that Emma has come so very far that the her medical history is kind of the last thing on my mind!
Since she had her g-tube removed, not once has she complained of bellyache. In fact yesterday she let out a loud burp in the car. I laughed and said "got some gas have you?" She responded laughing at me with "You can't vent me, I don't have a tube!"
The only regular "intervention" that she gets is physical therapy once a week, and Pops takes her to that when I'm working. The dentist, opthamologist and even ENT are standard for many kids. The cranial-facial team don't want to see her again until May 2013!
Life is so very different now than it was even a year ago and Emma herself is so confident and couldn't be sweeter.
What a wonderful milestone to reach, four years and so very different!
No comments:
Post a Comment