Monday, March 5, 2012

Picture Post

Last month went by so fast and I have probably forgotten all of the things I had wanted to tell you!  I'll try harder this month!  That said, here are some pictures from last month, snapshots into my beautifully crazy life with Emma and Toby...

A trip to the park with Joey, Kaylee, Lainey, Toby, Paige and Emma. Lainey and Paige are Scott's cousins daughters, who just moved back to our area and it's been fun to see the kids make friends.  Lainey and Emma are 8 months apart and Toby and Paige are pretty close too - but as you can see, they don't pair off by age!

Emma, after school (and some time playing in the dirt) had a tell-tale trail of mud on her face!

Scott's rennovating a basement in his free-time right now, so on one of my less energized nights I took the kids out for dinner...


They have been getting along so well lately (most of the time!), and I love seeing them play - even when it gets loud.  She's not strangling him - she'd trying to pull him in for a hug for the picture!

 Since baby Sophia came along, Emma is much more interested in baby dolls (or "beebies" as Toby says it!).  Here "Sophia" was taking a bath...

"Mommy" Emma loves her baby.  Oh yes, she's wearing a bathing suit, in February.  She took her nap wearing it too!  (I'm learning to choose my battles!)

Here Toby and Kaylee give some "cheese" to the camera at a birthday party!

Last Friday I [bravely] took the kids back to the soft playground as a treat for being so good when mommy has to go to work!  There were about 5 other kids total and my guys had a blast!

 I've noticed something start to happen with Emma.  She loves to say "hello" to people, especially other kids, and moms, at the playground.  Usually they ask her her name and she tells them.

However, due to the paralysis of her top lip, she can't really say "m", and people hear "Enna" and translate it to "Anna".  She has come to me more than once and said "she thinks my name is Anna."  (We won't go into our last name, which also starts with an m sound!)

I thought a good solution would be for her to spell it - the m sound is a little clearer when isolated.

So the last time we were at the playground she had said hi to someone and before the even asked her name she ran over to me and said "Mom, you tell her my name and I will spell it."   This is a clear example of how Emma does not seem to get upset or frustrated by things, rather seeking assistance!

Of course, my heart broke, but rather than try out her new strategy, I just said "Em, she didn't ask your name, she just said "Hi"!"  I don't know if that was the right thing to do - it was the truth, the mom had carried on following her own kid!  Trouble is, I'm not sure anyone can tell me the right way to handle this kind of thing.

It really stinks that my baby can't say her own name properly - but I won't let her know that!  It's just one of those obstacles we will overcome - she can always switch to "Hope" if she wants.

Since it was a special day, we hit Chick Fil A for lunch (special in that there was a 'y' in the day!!)

This past weekend Scott and I attended a conference called "Love & Respect".  I can't wait to share some of the details with you later this week!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THIS. IS. AWESOME!!. its sooo cool how well theyre doing with each other! :) love you guys sooo much && miss you like crazy!!