I started collecting every scrap piece of paper that Emma laid a pen on from the beginning. I assume many other parents do that also.
I kept every picture she "colored" at Sunday school and then started keeping all the work she brought home from preschool. Every single thing a triumphant shout to those who lacked faith in the beginning.
However, I dislike clutter! As the cupboard began to fill up with pieces of paper with one or two lines of crayon I didn't know what to do. Then an idea came to mind, to put it all in a binder for Emma.
Not just a keepsake, but a practical place where she can review her work and enjoy looking at her achievements. She really liked it...
At what point though, do you say it's okay to "lose" some of the things that come home?!!

No comments:
Post a Comment