Thursday, April 19, 2012

Update

On my way home tonight I have to stop and get Emma a new Strawberry Shortcake doll.  It is a bribe, I mean reward for going to bed last night without a pull-up. 

Emma potty trained at the end of 2010, and since then has only worn pull-ups to bed, and nowhere else.  She has not had any accidents and I think maybe only once or twice did the pull-up serve a purpose.  But as with many things, there is a sense of security that comes with such things.

I do not know what came over me, allowing the pull-ups to run out on a Wednesday night and having to break the bad news to Emma that we were out of them.  (I had warned her that when the current supply was done that was it.  But, this is the girl that wore all the pull-ups with Dora in a dress, before considering wearing the ones with Dora in capris!)

Facing a catastrophic meltdown (she hardly ever naps these days) I resorted to the only place I could think off - a new toy reward!  Granted, this is not a new place for us!  Before taking Emma's pacifier away, we invested in a new doll.  We purchased Rosetta fairy after Emma lost her g-tube...you get the picture!

It worked, or at least stemmed the flow of tears.

When she was laying in bed she was wiggling her legs non-stop - it must be odd if you've only ever slept with a big diaper on!  I sensed some anxiety, but here fatigue was my friend and with some hair-smoothing and shhh-ing, she fell asleep!

When she got-up this morning I think we'd both forgotten, but once we remembered we rejoiced at the triumph and immediately discussed the arrival time of the aforementioned toy!

Being a kid is tough!

In other news, I know I forgot to mention that Scott went back to work a few weeks ago.  This time it is with the biggest drywall company in the country!  The fourth new company in 6 months, it's been an interesting time.  Again, Scott got a call from an old foreman who had joined the company, and he'd recommended Scott to them.  All he had to do was call the local boss and he started the next day!

He's no longer a big fish in a small pond, just the opposite in fact.  But he is enjoying having regular work and trusted enough to tackle work by himself.  The foreman is already impressed with him.

It's not where we thought he'd be at the start of the year, but it's all good!

No comments: