Tomorrow is the big day when Emma gets her ear tubes. These little tubes (or grommets) will be placed in a slit in her ear drums. The tubes allow air to circulate, reducing fluid forming, but also providing an outlet for an collected fluid.
Her ear drum will still work, and will be able to relay sounds better to her inner ear - without the constant fluid pillow in the way.
Please pray for Emma during the next 24 hours. She will not be allowed to eat breakfast (Uh-oh) and we are praying against any complications with her breathing during anesthesia, or recovery after.
I am already prepared with the set of all 6 fairies from Tinkerbell that she has been coveting for many months. If that doesn't all make it worth while, I don't know what will!
I will post as soon as I can and let you know how it all went. I hope she doesn't keep saying "Mommy, why are you talking so loud?!!"
1 comment:
i like that last part...she probably will!! :) i had 4 of those operations....
Post a Comment