Thursday, May 10, 2012

New ride

So check out my new set of wheels...the Ford Fusion!


Not really - this is the rental I've had for the past two weeks while the front fender on my van is replaced.

There are definite benefits to the car over the van.  It does make turns at high speed much better!  Oh, it has flex-fuel so mileage is slightly better.

On the down side (actually many more of these) are:
Less space for kids and difficulty getting them in their seats
No real cargo space for transporting large items (like construction materials!)
It's blue, so you know I would be spotted easier for speeding (if I were to ever do such a thing ;)
Less space for my purse and belongings = I didn't realize how convenient the space between the front seats on the van is
It does not accelerate any better than the van, from the stop position

So, it's been nice to have a season in the car, but I am so ready to get my van back!

The first couple of days we had the car, each morning when we left the house, Emma would walk out the door and say "Oh no, the blue car is still here."  I think they've gotten used to it now since they stopped asking why we had it and when "our car" would be back.

I'm hoping to get the van back before the weekend, making Mother's Day ever so slightly easier with the kids!

No comments: