It feels surreal to be writing this, from a hospital bed (mine) in the ER! So often I've been the parent, but now I'm the patient.
It started yesterday with abdominal pain and a CT that didn't show much of anything. I was in the ER for about 4 hours and felt much better when I left.
The phone woke us up at 8:30am this morning (much later than we should have been up for church!). It was the ER doctor telling me radiology reviewed the scan today and believe I have appendicitis. Could I come back?
Duh, yes!! I scrambled to get up and dressed. Scott called his parents to watch the kids and we planned to rendezvous at the hospital.
Before I left the house the dr called again and told me not to eat anything and a surgeon was waiting to see me!!
Change of plan and Pops came over to get the kids so Scott could drive me.
I wasn't really scared about the surgery, no time for that!! I know God is giving me peace about it.
Even so, I wrote out a quick will, a video for the kids and now I'm just waiting.
It's quite sobering to be faced with your own mortality. All the people you wish you could talk to, or share the gospel with.
Death doesn't scare me, I know where I'm going! The thought of leaving loved ones behind who may not join me there, now that's scary!
I'll post again soon...
Jesus said to her: "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live even though they die. He who lives by believing in me will live and never die. Do you believe this?
John 11:25-26
No comments:
Post a Comment