Sunday, July 22, 2012

Road to Recovery

Here I am, all alone, ready for a night of rest.  It's kinda funny really, I don't particularly like hospitals or hotels, but my bed here is really comfy and I have no choice, so I'm making the most of the peace and quiet.

Unfortunately I am not allowed to eat or drink all night, which is a pain, but the drugs are keeping my appetite down and I have fluid through an IV.

I just Skyped Emma and Toby, as Scott went home to be with them.  I had told Scott's parents they could take the kids to Target for a new toy if they wanted, on us.  Emma got a Minnie Mouse and fairy Silvermist dress, Toby got a monster truck.  They were very excited, but still so sad when it was time to say goodbye.

It was the right call not to bring them in here because I would've had a hard time letting them go.

I have these cool wraps on my lower legs that periodically inflate like a blood pressure cuff to increase flow.  It's like getting a massage!

I'll keep you posted, but for now, good night!

No comments: