Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Too Long

Wow, time flies!  I can't believe I haven't posted in over a week.  I guess that's testament to things being pretty much back to normal!

I had my second follow-up with the surgeon today, and he said I can do "whatever I want" in response to me asking when I can pick the kids up again.  (Emma is now 40lbs, Toby close behind at 35lbs, and only 2" shorter.)  He did add "just don't go lifting 100lbs or anything.  And if you start to hurt or ache, stop."

Thank goodness.  I wasn't aware of the impact on my limitations until I took the kids to the playground Saturday and I couldn't put the kids on the swings (they still go on the high baby swings - their choice!), or push the roundabout.  

That was not phasing Emma, who asked if she could "go and play with a grown-up" as she knew they could get her on a swing.  A resounding "no" was my response!  (I think she only feels safe to do that when I'm there, I hope.)

I have a few pictures to post when I get a minute, so stay tuned as always!

No comments: