Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Catch-up

I know, I've been neglecting you - not intentionally I assure you!  We've been all kinds of crazy busy, which is a good thing.  Where to start our catch-up?  The kids of course!

After Toby's birthday, he and I went to the mall while Emma was at school so he could spend his gift card, and he chose this cute dog guitar which he wondered around Target strumming! He got a monster truck, nerf guns (there's no getting away from them, boys just want guns!) and a new shirt.

A few days later he hit the jackpot of cars with this pack of cars from Aunt Julie and Sean.  For a couple of days he wanted to bring the whole pack back and forth to Nanna's!  I took all the cars out and put them in his car bin!

We managed to hit the park one morning before school.  This is a fine age, where they can play together and don't require my input.  Come on - sometimes you just need a break!!

Friday night, Paige and Lainey came over and Toby and Paige were best buds as usual.  (They are cousins people, so don't even go there!!)

I've been getting uber-creative with the french braids, leading to this latest masterpiece.  Emma is really awesome about letting me do this - mainly because of all the attention she gets!  (I think somewhere I took a wrong turn in having a daughter who didn't care what people think, to one who is eager for the praise and attention.  Oops)

Last night I came home to this - I'm always nervous when the kids + Scott are together in the kitchen! 

They were making "yucky soup" which certainly had an appropriate name!



Then it was baths and off to bed - super hero style!!

No comments: