Thursday, October 4, 2012

Chip off the old block

Emma is going to turn 5 in a few short weeks, which is totally awesome.  She's so ready for it and declaring lots of things that she is going to do when she is 5!

We always worried that she would have a hard time growing, only to find out recently she is in the 68th% for weight - coming from under the 5th%!!  This is awesome and the nutritionist says she looks fabulous.  Emma has a healthy appetite to say the least, and it works out well because she is willing to eat most things, but does not have my sweet tooth. 

That said, all the 5T shirts (from Target at least) shrink when I dry them and become too short, so her little pot belly pokes out the bottom.  I feel bad for her, she has no idea and I don't want people to think she's fat when likely she has a weakness in her abdominal muscles because of Moebius and is long in the torso.

So yesterday, we went to Target for groceries...
It's this or the kids pretend to be garbage men hanging on both sides!!

...and I picked up a few shirts on clearance - from the big girl section!! 

This was the first time we shopped there, and I realized they have really cute stuff that is more expressive of her personality and is much much longer!  I got short-sleeved because a)on clearance, and b) based on length, long sleeves would be too long! 

Her favorite shirt, and thus the one she wore to school a couple of hours later was this one:

Apparently the designs bring about an even more exuberant personality in my little princess!!



And today we went with this, which solidified the "superstar" persona!

One thing is for sure, it takes clothes this bright and exciting to reflect the personality of the little girl wearing them!!

No comments: