Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Big girl

I don't know if I told you about the big treat on Emma's birthday.  I took the afternoon off work and picked her up to go shopping at the mall.  
 Rocking her new boots!

I was so excited about it, and looking back it may have been because I got to skip work to go shopping, but I was really anticipating a new phase of shopping for Emma.

Until now, when we have bought clothes, I've held them up to judge the size, or gone by the age in the label.   Sometimes I might even slip them on over her clothes, or in a corner somewhere, have her try them on properly! 

However, age 5 is the crossover from 5T to Small, so there is a new world of big girl clothes opening up. And so, this was her right of passage to the whole world of shopping, and a part I thought she would love - the fitting room, specifically the big mirror.  

We had a lot of fun in Target, looking for things...

But I have to confess, I found more for me than we did for her - though in my defense, I had a bigger giftcard to spend than she did!!  And we had a good time trying on, but she really still wanted to spend her money in the toy department!

In the end though, it was one of very few times we've been out by ourselves and I was pleased that Emma felt special and asked to go on a date with me again.  "But not shopping!"




No comments: