Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Quote of the Day

Last night, about 9:30pm, Scott and I were watching TV in the living room while the kids played upstairs "until we come up to put you to bed"!  We were both exhausted having worked a whole day and then Scott was painting up at church, getting it ready for the big Thanksgiving celebration this weekend!

Anyway, we hear a little voice on the stairs...

Toby:  Guuuyyysss... (Slow and drawn out for dramatic effect!) I have pokey things.

Us: What??

Toby: I have pokey things!

Me: (internal thought) uh-oh!

I leaped up (quite literally), realizing that he had the box of drawing pins I had left in Emma's room and had thought just an hour earlier "I must remember to take them downstairs, lest Toby should get them."

Thankfully, he had not done any damage to the house or himself by that time, so I removed them from his possession.

Don't judge me - unless you have a boy, in which case I know you've underestimated them too!!

No comments: