Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

For the past few years Mother's Day has been my favorite celebration, for largely selfish reasons!

I'm not sure what changed this year, so I'm going to assume it's me (and by that I mean God changing me).

As I think about tomorrow I realized I'm not seeking a day to be thanked for what I do as "Mom".  Tomorrow I plan to give thanks for the incredible privilege to love, serve and give my life for these amazing people.

Because of who they are, I am a better person, my world is a better place and my God has shown me how much love is possible.

When I lose my patience, get frustrated or seek escape, it is not because of them, but because they have revealed how deeply flawed I am, and my need for Jesus Christ to continue his work in me.

Thank you Emma and Toby, for loving me despite my failings, and forgiving me time and time again.  You inspire me.

No comments: