Just out of interest though, here is my 500 word reason why he IS the winner in my book...
When I met Scott I was captivated by his amazing blue eyes, relaxed spirit and incredible patience with wild children.
As I got to know him I saw the very character of Jesus Christ. I learned how he overcame drugs and alcohol to become the epitome of a humble servant to a merciful God.
When he married me, he took on a broken, slightly crazy and often selfish woman, and continues to loves me and our family as if we are royalty. He works long, arduous hours as a carpenter, with a work ethic like few others, and skill that is priceless.
When our daughter was born with life-threatening issues, he was my rock, my comfort and my shoulder to cry on, while also expressing his own pain so I was not alone.
He has been to Mexico, Guatemala, Ecuador and Africa to use his gifts in the service of The Lord, making homes for orphans, abused girls and pastors.
He leads our children with authority, compassion and love. Providing security, safety and hope in a crazy world.
I don't always show my respect to this incredible man, but it's there. I don't need a magazine to tell me how wonderful my husband is, and if you know him, you don't either.
No comments:
Post a Comment