They were all moms that I tried to befriend, but they were quite cliquey, and so I let it go. I always try and be friendly to other parents so they won't speak I'll of my kids - as I've heard them do!
My friend Sabrina said they all started discussing the assessments their kids had been given for placement in kindergarten. Some good scores, some not so good. And then...
"Well, not as good as Emma!"
Sabrina wax taken aback and confirmed they were talking about my Emma. "Her mom makes her read encyclopedia!"
Well, did I laugh my head off when I heard that later?! Not only am I shockingly lax at reading with my kids, but I'd far rather watch TV with them.
Which just goes to show how much of Emma's intelligence has little to do with pushing her to read, and everything to do with providing a well rounded life.
Interestingly one of the moms was at high school when Scott was, and passed along the fact that he was into drugs in school. (True, very true! Which makes who he is now all the more miraculous!)
Unfortunately she also decided to tell the other women that I too was into drugs, meth no less! Oh honey, you couldn't be more wrong on that one. It makes me sad that people feel the need to make up flat-out lies, even when you live as transparently as I do!
Anyway, I couldn't help have a little fun at their expense, posting this on Facebook...

2 comments:
I hope your friend put her right
I hope your friend put her right?
Post a Comment