Saturday, September 7, 2013

Trying new things

On Tuesday Scott worked some overtime and then headed to a baseball game we were given tickets for.  After all his work over the "holiday" weekend, he deserved a night off!

I also decided it would be a good time to try my hand at something I had considered for a while, but never done before: mow the lawn!

Our yard is pretty big, with a lot of grass, but I wanted to give Scott a break on that too.

So I pulled out the mower (we have two, one is broken, so I was pleased I picked the right one first time!) and started it up.

With two kids driving around, fighting over the cars I had to stop fairly often.  There was also a bloody knee to clean up.

Then I figured out how to use the weed whacker to trim the edges (a little too much in places), before using the leaf blower to clean up the grass.

I think I did okay for a rookie!

The best part was realizing I burned over 400 calories!!  I think I'll have to make this a regular thing.

No comments: