Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Happy Birthday Emma Hope!

I can't believe that we are at this time of year already!  Even more shocking is that it was six whole years ago that the little miracle we know as Emma Hope was delivered into our lives, not kicking and screaming, but in and entrance filled with drama and anticipation - which makes so much sense now that we know her better!!

I can't quite recall my exact state of mind that day, or even the days that followed.  I am convinced that a transcendent peace was over me, us, as we waited and prayed and waited. 

However, I know that in the six years that have passed, as we celebrate the birthday of the one and only Emma Hope, I have run the gamut of emotions, and the overwhelming majority have been a combination of joy, awe and laughter.

I often assume that it's the case with most kids, but the number of times we hear how special, amazing, adorable, funny and smart Emma is, from people we barely know even, I am fully convinced that it's true about her.  It is my privilege and honor to be her mother, and humbling to think that she has been entrusted to me!

I wish you could all spend this day with Emma, or at least far more than you do.  It's incredibly hard not being able to share her, and Toby, with our family but we do what we can and trust that the opportunity will arise soon enough.

Thank you all for your prayers, and encouragement over these past six years.  We know that our hope and belief in Jesus Christ, and his purpose for our lives, has been our strength during this time.  However, your love and support has been a very real demonstration of the importance of family and friends.  It is through the heavy darkness that light shines brighter and clearer.

Happy birthday Emma.  We love you.

Here are a few great memories...

























No comments: