So 7 little girls joined Emma at 6pm, at our house, for a party. I had balloons and streamers (my signature decor!) and on our new plush rug, blankets and pillows for the movie climax of the night - Tangled!
However, they all had a rambunctious streak that I'd not seen when they are just two or three together, and the sofas became diving boards for the pillow pool!
I let it go for a few minutes - Toby does it all the time, and when one declared "Emma, your party is a blast!" Which she immediately relayed to me, I was all in on making Em's party a hit.
After a couple more I was over that and concerned for what's left of the 9 year old springs and put an end to it!!
Thankfully Kim (in her adult footie pajamas, still gorgeous!) was on hand to corral the kids! We got them seated to design their own t-shirts! A pack of boys white undershirts and some fabric markers and you have both an activity and favor!!
Of course they lost interest after 10 minutes wanting to bounce some more. Kim had them doing freeze dance (aka musical statues), while I set up for cake!
Then it was on to pin the tail on the unicorn (although more than one pointed out it already had a tail. So picky!!)We made it by projecting the image from my laptop onto some old door boxes Scott had from work, then painting it, and I made a back drop too.
The tails were low tech streamers and tape!!Then cake!
This is the best pic of the cake - totally forgot to take one! It's Rapunzel if you can't tell - Emma chose it herself.
Then gifts. She got quite a few Rapunzel things, and her friends were all very aware of her obsession!
Great reaction to the first doll!
Then we sat them all down to watch the movie...
They were quiet until they got popcorn and scoffed 6 bags of it!!We wrapped up about a half hour before the movie finished as the non-obsessed girls were restless and it was almost 8:30pm. Emma wanted to wrap up because her "best friend" Michele had come late and she wanted to show her her toys. (Michele is my friend, my age, and Emma's Sunday School teacher!! Michele is awesome with kids, and they have a very cute bond.)
All the while, Scott and Toby had gone to play mini-golf and generally stay away! They came back before the end and both kids were up until 10, not long before we crashed.
So, there will be more gifts on Wednesday as that's her actual birthday, and I will be parent helper in her class that day as a treat.
I still can't quite believe she is turning 6 already!!











No comments:
Post a Comment