Monday, February 24, 2014

Share alike

Last week we went to Goodwill, a huge second-hand store, and I saw a nice winter coat for Emma.  She has one but the zip always catches on the fabric and she gets frustrated.  For $5, I grabbed it.

Unfortunately I made the mistake of one who does not shop there much, and did not check the zip which was totally broken!

I mentioned it on Facebook and the mom of one of Toby's school friends said that her daughter has 9 and she would be happy to hand some down.

The offer was so kind and I'm not proud, so I said "yes please!"

They dropped off 3 coats yesterday, and they were all awesome.  One with faux fur still had tags!  They're also 7/8yr so they may even last into next year.

I really wanted to give her a few bucks but she refused!  

Anyway, Emma picked this one to wear today because it is similar to mine!

It took me a long time to accept such help, but when I do I'm blessed!  And I know when I am able to help others it also blesses me, so who am I to deny what could well be a blessing from God!

I am very thankful that our friends and family have a great heart for sharing and paying forward.  It's changed my heart a lot!

No comments: