We headed to lunch with Scott's mom and family for a big Mother's Day lunch, after church. It's nice to have everyone together, and these guys are the cutest...
And we ended up getting a cute "after" picture...
Life moves at a frenetic pace, and for moms it is revealed in the changes we see in our kids. So fast they grow, mature and become self-sufficient. I found myself already dreading the day Emma gets married and my baby will be gone.
It seems like forever ago that I had my first Mother's Day!
And already I have two beautiful kids, growing away!
In that sense, motherhood is a form of self-torture! We invest our whole hearts in to little people who use it to leave us, lol! And yet we wouldn't forfeit the joy that those few short years bring, and the honor of helping them find their way in life.
The longer I hold this position, the more I feel Mothers Day is a time for me to feel humbled and proud to be trusted with the amazing kids I have. For now, they let me know how much they love me on a daily basis, and I try so hard to show them the love that floods my heart for them (when I'm not being impatient or overwhelmed)!!





No comments:
Post a Comment